Tuesday, June 24, 2008

self-respect

It is Monday; all weekends should be three days.

So, I was trying to sleep last night and I was thinking about what I wanted to blog. I had it pretty much nailed down. Wouldn't you know it…I can't remember most of it this morning. Ha ha ha

Well, I can talk about some hard choices I had to make last week and really realizing what is important to me.
It is funny, a lot can happen in a short period of time...especially when you make specific and deliberate decisions. I said to someone, I am not the same person I was three months ago. Which considering I was wallowing in self-piety from March to May, that is a good thing. hehe

It is funny, for the first time in my life I actually have respect for myself…and doing things that are good and healthy for me. As in my diet and who I am hanging out with and not drinking and such.

It is funny; I was talking to a girlfriend Friday night. As much as I know that I deserve respect, to be treated well and to know that someone does respect you, it doesn't necessarily change your feelings towards someone. I think that this would be the area I am trying to figure out. How do you tell your heart to go another direction?

Other than that, I am doing well. Minus the fact I had some red meat yesterday for lunch, I still haven't eaten since then, I feel horrible. Learned my lesson the hard way, never again!

It is the beginning of a new week…I hope that all goes well for you and yours this week..and that you remember that happiness does not come from your circumstances. I am not saying that because everything in my life is great and grand. Heck no, there is one thing, that if I had the power to change I would, however, I can not, I can not make others do what I want them to or can I change this situation, so you have to realize you have done what you can and welll deal with it. This has been a HARD lesson for me to learn..ouch! Take care for now!