Tuesday, June 03, 2008

change, change, change

I am amazed that how just one decision in your life can make such change. I decided about well, almost a month now to be a different person, to make more positive life choices. In, that to not focus on the negative and to just really look at those around me and to reevaluate what and who I want to be.

Granted life is not perfect and just because you decide that things are going to be different doesn’t mean that one is automatically different, however, I think with slow steps you can look at what is really important to you.

One of the biggest changes I have made is in my lifestyle. I have been switching over to organic foods, in that, no more diary, no red meats, no refined sugar or artificial sweeteners and nothing processed. Eventually, I would like to do more raw foods, as for now I still enjoy a whole wheat berry scone from time to time.

I think the hardest change as been the caffeine issue. I have completely given up caffeine and soda and all things of that nature. Honestly, it is like a huge personality change in me. I know that does sound rather silly. However, as most of you know I have been on well let’s just say it flighty and hyper side of things. Granted, I am still outgoing and such, however, I am, what is the word, more stable, less random I guess.

My favorite was a guy I was working with at the State after about a week, he comes into my office and says, so are you doing ok? You seem really quiet lately. I at the time did not think anything of it, responded yes, I am just working. So this went on for a bit and then I realized, it was the lack of the caffeine. Which I know might sound silly to some, however, for me it was a real addiction. So I am happy to say I am no longer dealing with that issue.

I have also stopped drinking for the most part. I think that if there is a special occasion, that would be different, but to just drink for drinking sake, it isn’t worth the extra calories or the money. Ha ha

One of the major things I have decided is that I am on a dating hiatus, I think that I need to focus on things in my own life that I need to change instead of being concerned about someone else. I can not say that has been an easy decision, however, it is one that I feel is necessary at this time.

So some good stuff in my life, I am actually doing really well. Thanks for reading and I hope you are all doing well.