Friday, July 22, 2005

are we asking too much of customer service?

Could it be any hotter? Yes, well I am sure it is warmer in the Middle East. However, for Colorado. 107!! That is CRAZY!!

So I have to tell of yesterday’s adventure. The plans were to have a nice quiet evening at home. Do a little house work, cook dinner & finish up Harry Potter. (that I DID get done).

So, I get home, my roommate & her sister are there, making some food for a party. I say, ‘It sure is hot in here.’ Well apparently the electricity was out. I ran back out to the car for something and noticed…hmmm, the hall lights are on, and the neighbor’s AC is running. Very Strange.

I go back up and check the circuit breakers and all is well there. So, I called Xcel Energy. I am on the phone and the costumer service & the CS rep says, ‘You, do not have electric service with us.’ Emily says, ‘I called them when I moved & asked them to switch the gas and the electric.’ WELL, come to find out, Xcel doesn’t service our area of Arapahoe County.

I am thinking, what? Emily had her services switched over, over a month ago. Come to find out that the wonderful people at Xcel never bothered to tell Emily they did not provide electrical service for her new address! How is that for customer service?

Well all is straighten out now; however, I just think it is plain poor customer service on Xcel’s part. One would ‘think’ that when Emily called & said, ‘I would like to switch my services over to ‘this’ address.’ That someone would have said, ‘That is fine, for your gas, however we do not service that area for electric.’ Am I wrong in this? Call me crazy, but is it asking too much of people to actually DO their jobs?

Ok, I had to share my frustration. Thank you for reading.

As for this weekend, I am ‘planning’ on taking it easy Saturday. I am ‘hoping’ to sleep in and get some things done around the condo. Perhaps, take some little ones swimming. Sunday, going to the local Renaissance Fair. Thank goodness the high will only be 88!

Have a great weekend & I’ll be back on Monday!