Thursday, July 14, 2005

deep and insightful??

So, I decided that the name of my ‘Blog’ wasn’t very interesting, so today I decided to change it. I think it is appropriate considering that is how my conversations usually are, pretty random.

So, you know it is interesting. I have been thinking, what type of things do I want to put in this ‘Blog’? What does the word ‘Blog’ mean anyway? It sort of reminds me of the BLOB.

So I thought I might put a mixture of things that happen or conversations or deep insight that I have.

It has been an interesting year to say the very least. Being a Christian, at times it is really hard to not say ok God, what are you doing? Oh wait, I DO do that! I think that we all go thru trials and it is the old saying what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I am waiting on the getting stronger part. LOL

Seriously, I have really learned that I can’t do it all on my own, as much as I would like to. Reminds me of that silly Kelly Clarkston song…ha ha.

I did have an interesting conversation with a friend about a few things, and something that they said really struck a chord. I think that this is good for all of us to think about.

They asked me “Why when something is so apparent to everyone else, can that person not see it?”

Well, I think it is like anything in our own lives. We can always look at someone else’s life and see what they are doing or what they should be or how something really is. However, when we are dealing with ourselves, it is much harder to see things in our own life. It is almost like seeing the speck in our brother's eye when there is a plank in our own. I also feel that we tend to be complacent with the way things are and cannot see anything different or can't imagine anything 'better' than that.

It is like that old pair of shoes we have, that are falling apart. You are so ‘used’ to them and they are comfortable, we do not want to throw them out. I think life is like that sometimes. When situations or places or even people sometimes. Now, I am not saying throw out people in your life, no, but just look beyond your comfortableness, or what you are used to. You might be really missing out on something.

Ok, that was my deep and insightful thought for the day. Please excuse my horrible spelling…it is true, it is not one of my strong suits.

Remember IF you don't post a comment, I don't know if you have been here!