Wednesday, July 20, 2005

do we really trust God?

I was thinking about yesterdays post and I started thinking about what is at the root of our insecurities. Well at least mine. It is funny. I know I am going to bring up that stupid Kelly Clarkston song, Miss Independent. As I think more on this, I think that the root of it is, we really don't trust God. Meaning, we think we know what is best for us. Which if you think about it, is a big JOKE.


Back to my independence thing..It is funny, over a year ago, I would have said I was pretty self-sufficient and didn’t really rely on too many people. Well, other than a couple of close friends. It is funny, as I think about my life over the past year or so. I look at the things that have changed and the things that remained the same.I can’t say I am exactly Miss Independent anymore. Which in a way is a good thing, but in some ways not so good. I think being a Christian, we are supposed to have community. I can tell you earlier this summer it as been a true test of that community. Several people who I “knew” at church have become dear friends. So, that has been a blessing. Having those people around you that truly care about you and can help you in your struggles, especially showing you the Gospel and giving you the love you need.


On the other hand, there are some aspects about feeling the need to have certain people around, which totally drive me crazy. Honestly, I have to say this; I liked it better when I was more self-sufficient. I guess when one finds themselves in a relationship you start to feel as if that person is just a part of your life. I think it is finding balance of your life before that person and your life now, or even your life without that person or other people.My church would say, we were created A. To glorify God and enjoy Him forever. B. For community & relationships. DOH! I think it is really about finding a balance. Not just in your relationship with ‘said’ person, but with your friends. Ack…actually, there are times I want to be hermit. There are several that can attest to this, sometimes it is just easier being alone. Well ok NOT totally alone, I do have Her Royal Majesty.

I warned you that my blog would be random! I am curious what you all think. If it is too personal to post, feel free to
email me.Ok I ‘think’ I am done for today.

OH, this is sort of fun. My friend Jonathan sent these to me yesterday. They are from the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith yes we are tired, but happy.




I am horrible with names. The one in the pink is Jonathan's wife, Linda, she is so sweet!







Be sure you don't fall asleep at an RMFF event, you never know what will happen! (Jonathan & Stacy)







from the top, is grimby, daniel (sarah's brother), sarah, zoo, michael & amy.











me & stacy, someone looks a little on the tired side.








Ok, let's see if i can do this....left to right michael, daniel, mac, sarah, shawn, mel, cory, me, stacy, terry, mike, kim, linda & jonthan!